[Arm-dev] Gigabyte MP30-AR0

Michael Howard mike at dewberryfields.co.uk
Tue Nov 12 12:49:59 UTC 2019

On 12/11/2019 08:29, Michael Howard wrote:
> On 05/03/2016 03:26, Phong Vo wrote:
>> There should be no issue of replacing U-boot in SPI nor with the mp30ar0
>> Tianocore version.
>> But you need to use the mp30ar0_tianocore_media.img I provide, not
>> the one
>> supplied
>> with the Mustang board. It was likely the person burn the wrong BIOS on
>> the board!
>>
>> You can burn the Tianocore image from U-boot using TFTP. Please check
>> and
>> setup your U-boot
>> variables:
>>
>> media_addr_r=0x4001000000
>> media_img=mp30ar0_tianocore_media.img
>> spi_load=tftp ${media_addr_r} ${user_dir}/${media_img}
>> spi_update=sf probe 0; sf erase 0x0 ${filesize}; sf write
>> ${media_addr_r}
>> 0x0 ${filesize}
>>
>> # run spi_load   <== Make sure it is successful
>> # run spi_update
>> # reset
>>
>> If there is any issue, it's still recoverable using SD card.
>>
>> -Phong
>>
> Hi,
>
> I know this is a very old thread but is there any source available for
> the image above or for
> mp30ar0_tianocore_sec_ubt.fd/mp30ar0_tianocore_ubt.fd?
>
> The reason I ask is that I'm attempting to get the SDCARD slot working
> with recent kernels and the only way I can get it to work is booting
> directly from the original u-boot environment using the original
> devicetree blob. However, booting that way I end up with only one core.
>
> Booting as above with 'num_cores' set to 8 causes a hang late on.

Ok, ignore the 'one core' and 'hang late' comments. With all the
different tests and trials I ended up using the corrupt blob, i.e. the
second one provided by Gigabyte. With the original devicetree blob,
booting from u-boot, I now have the sdcard slot available again and all
8 cores.

I'd still be interested in getting the sdcard slot to show up when using
efi to boot.

Cheers,

Mike.