[Arm-dev] Relative Performance Between MP30-AR1 and SynQuacer

Thu Jul 9 18:20:22 UTC 2020
Gordan Bobic <gordan at redsleeve.org>

Does anyone have any details on the relative performance of the
MP30-AR0/AR1 and the Linaro 96boards SynQuacer? I cannot find anything
directly comparable, particularly in terms of general compile performance.

MP30-AR1: 8x 2.4GHz cores
SynQuacer: 24x 1GHz cores

On the fact of it, the SynQuacer might provide up to about a 20%
performance improvement on a heavily parallelizable task, but the MP30-AR1
would beat it by a significant margin on any workload that isn't heavily
parallelizable.

As far as I can tell, the performance per clock on both seems to be fairly
similar.

Has anyone got any directly comparable performance numbers, e.g. "make
allmodconfig && make -j" on a kernel?