[Arm-dev] AES / SSH Performance on aarch64

Wed Jul 1 18:19:42 UTC 2020
Gordan Bobic <gordan at redsleeve.org>

I am aware of that, but there have been NEON AES optimisations floating
around, e.g.:
https://www.linaro.org/blog/accelerated-aes-for-the-arm64-linux-kernel/

I guess what I'm asking is if EL8 aarch64 ships with any such thing
enabled, and any other tweaks I could try to squeeze more ssh speed out of
it. I'm finding that piping data over aes-128-cbc (which seems to be the
fastest implemented cipher) over gigabit ethernet tops out at about 30MB/s
per CPU core, with each ssh session being limited to this (even though I
can run 8 sessions in parallel at that speed).

Gordan