[Arm-dev] epel-release and elrepo-release availability for centos armv7?

Wed Jul 22 20:09:28 UTC 2020
Pablo Sebastián Greco <pablo at fliagreco.com.ar>

On 22/7/20 15:22, Gunnar Niels wrote:
> I have an Rpi 3B that I just installed Centos7 on today and had a
> couple questions:
>
> * Is CentOS 8 available yet for this device? What's the general state
> of support for Raspbery Pis and CentOS 8 currently?
It is available, just not mature enough 7, so I'd stick with 7 for now.
We're trying to make 8 work mostly in aarch64 mode, which is great for
RPi4, but should work in 3B+

> * I'd like to setup wireguard, and normally that requires using
> epel-release and elrepo-release, which contain "kmod-wireguard" and
> "wireguard-tools" packages. It doesn't seem like I can install the
> epel-release repo, so I'm not sure where I can source these? What's my
> best option?

If all goes well, next release of our 5.4.x kernel will have wireguard
included, so no kmod needed. And wrt epel, you can see how to activate
our armhfp rebuild of epel here
https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/AltArch/armhfp

This applies to generic kernel, I haven't made the backport yet to the
rpi kernel, but it shouldn't be that hard. Which kernel are you using?