[Arm-dev] epel-release package landed in unofficial armhfp epel-pass-1 repo

Sun Jun 7 21:25:50 UTC 2020
Pablo Sebastián Greco <pablo at fliagreco.com.ar>

On 7/6/20 15:47, mark wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For the first time iv'e located a faulty package in the unofficial armhfp epel-pass-1 repository and oddly enough it is epel-release-7-12 (1) itself.
> It contains yum configurations pointing to non-existing repositories. (ie https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org)
>
> I fully understand it's not a big issue and stay's under the radar as nobody actual installs epel-release on a armhfp system;
> It kind of disturbs the CentOS 7 based installations we are using.
I'm a bit torn about this one myself, because in one side, it is bad
that it points to the wrong place but if we remove it, it may break
other packages that may "Require" epel-release.
I think the right solution would be to create a package (empty or with
the right repos) that actually provides epel-release.

> Because the package is actually faulty i'm inclined to share to it here
> and hope to hear a likely action (if any).
>
> Grtz Mark
>
> 1)
> https://armv7.dev.centos.org/repodir/epel-pass-1/epel-release/7-12/noarch/

Just checked, and looks like we've always had it (we have 7.5 built in
March 2016), but agreed that  we may need to do "something"

Thanks.
Pablo.