[Arm-dev] Future of CentOS 8 on armhfp?

Wed Nov 25 14:39:09 UTC 2020
Paul Graham <pgrahamdev at gmail.com>

I have been using the CentOS 8 image on a few 32-bit ARM devices (Zynq
7000 and Raspberry Pi 4) for several months with a lot of success.
For my use case, I have to create some custom kernels and bootloaders
to support my custom hardware for Zynq, but I leverage the CentOS 8
userland.

In any case, I was wondering what the plans were for CentOS 8 on
armhfp and what kind of help you might need to help get CentOS 8 for
armhfp as well supported as it is for CentOS 7?  I also use CentOS 7
for some projects, but I would like to transition to CentOS 8 to
leverage the longer potential support cycle and the newer packages and
technologies.

Lastly, what is the best way to report CentOS 8 on armhfp bugs?  Is it
better to report that here or at https://bugs.centos.org ?

Thanks for all of your hard work on CentOS for armhfp!

Paul