[Centos-automotive-sig] The automotive-SIG git repository

Fri Oct 22 09:13:14 UTC 2021
Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr>

Good Morning Everyone,

During the last SIG meeting we discussed where we want to host the code that
the SIG is working on.
At the SIG meeting today, we announced that the project has been created.
It can be found at: https://gitlab.com/redhat/automotive/automotive-sig

It contains osbuild-manifests allowing to build qcow2 images as well as
raspberry pi 4 images. These images are based on CentOS-Stream 8 (9 being pretty
high on our todo list) and use ostree.
Documentation on how to manually build the images using osbuild can be found at:
https://sigs.centos.org/automotive
We are working on having non-ostree based images as they can be more convenient
for experimentation.

Finally, we have another team at Red Hat working on a CI pipeline which will
trigger for every package update in CentOS-Stream and merge request to the
automotive-sig project. More details on this should be coming soon :)

Happy hacking!

Pierre