[Centos-automotive-sig] October meeting minutes & new meetings times proposed

Wed Oct 27 15:53:53 UTC 2021
Jeffrey Osier-Mixon <jefro at redhat.com>

The October meeting was held last Thursday. This link shows minutes as well
as a link to the recording:
https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Automotive/Meetings/2021-10

One of our goals for this SIG is to make the process more participatory to
everyone so we can get many voices into the mix. While we are grateful for
those who continue to show up and discuss things at meetings and on the
mailing list, we also want to make it easier for those who haven't yet been
able to participate, particularly as our meeting times have not been
friendly to Asia.

In addition, we held a poll to get some feedback on good meeting times - as
expected, there is no single good time that suits the US, Europe and Asia.
Going forward, I would like to propose the following meeting changes, in
which each meeting will be held twice during the same week at alternating
times:

Office hours (informal) meeting:
Tue Nov 2: 1600UTC (1200 EST, 1800 CEST)
Tue Nov 2: 2300UTC (1900 EST, 0800 JST)

Primary (formal) meeting:
Tue Nov 16: 1600UTC (1200 EST, 1800 CEST)
Tue Nov 16: 2300UTC (1900 EST, 0800 JST)

and further alternating the day/time month by month to accommodate the poll

Office hours (informal) meeting:
Wed Dec 1: 1600UTC (1200 EST, 1800 CEST)
Wed Dec 1: 2300UTC (1900 EST, 0800 JST)

Primary (formal) meeting: every 4 weeks starting Tue Nov 16
Wed Dec 15: 1600UTC (1200 EST, 1800 CEST)
Wed Dec 15: 2300UTC (1900 EST, 0800 JST)

According to the polls, I believe the majority of people can make it to at
least one of these time slot. If you would like to participate but none of
these works, please respond on this thread and we'll continue to iterate on
it.

thanks all

Jeffrey "Jefro" Osier-Mixon  |  jefro at redhat.com
Red Hat Office of the CTO  |  Sr. Principal Community Architect, Automotive