[CentOS-devel] CentOS Plus / CentOS Extras Policy

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Thu Dec 8 10:56:22 UTC 2005

Jim Perrin wrote:
> Ideally some combination of time/feedback would seem to be the way to
> go. My fear is that  if we require people to give feedback about
> something that's working, it won't happen and the package will rot in
> testing. 14 days is fine for moving things over I think, assuming no
> negative feedback is given.

+1

Or make that "+1/2" - no negative feedback doesn't mean, that someone
tested it and the package didn't break his system, it could also mean
that no one tested it. So there should be at least some form of
positive feedback, just to make it clear that someone else than the
packager *did* successfully install that package.

Ralph
--
Ralph Angenendt......ra at br-online.de | .."Text processing has made it possible
Bayerischer Rundfunk...HA-Multimedia | ....to right-justify any idea, even one