[CentOS-devel] CentOS Plus / CentOS Extras Policy

Thu Dec 8 11:17:55 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 11:56 +0100, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Jim Perrin wrote:
> > Ideally some combination of time/feedback would seem to be the way to
> > go. My fear is that  if we require people to give feedback about
> > something that's working, it won't happen and the package will rot in
> > testing. 14 days is fine for moving things over I think, assuming no
> > negative feedback is given.
>
> +1
>
> Or make that "+1/2" - no negative feedback doesn't mean, that someone
> tested it and the package didn't break his system, it could also mean
> that no one tested it. So there should be at least some form of
> positive feedback, just to make it clear that someone else than the
> packager *did* successfully install that package.

I can see that as a problem too ... so there should be some kind of
discussion on IRC in #centos-devel.

2 weeks seems OK for me for new programs that we haven't provided in the
past.

For CentOS-4 at least, I think either Karanbir, Pasi, or I will be the
one that moves it over to production ... and that one of us has
personally tested it.  I have zero problem with that for CentOS-4.

--
Johnny Hughes