[CentOS-devel] Firebird RDBS for CentOS

Thu Oct 13 13:24:47 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 16:09 +0300, Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis wrote:
> Hi Johnny,
>
> > Are there any SRPMS ... I see an i686 RPM from the
> > http://firebird.sourceforge.net website but no SRPMS.
>
> AFAIK, there isn't any ...
>
> > If you have access to an SRPM, I would be glad to build and host the
> > RPMS in the Extras section for CentOS-4.
>
> Ok, how is this going to work ? I will build the SRPMS or RPMS ? I will
> send it to someone for inclusion or i will put it my self to Extras ?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis

We can do it one of several ways ... the easiest of which is like the
main process.

If you can make an SRPM that you can build and test so that it works,
and if you can host it somewhere that I can check it, I have an
autobuilder that will build it when it changes.

(I do that for php5, xfce, apt, xfs, jfs, etc. in extras already)

If you can't host the SRPM externally, we can put it in a location on
the CentOS server and allow you to update it there.

I would like us to build the RPMS on our controlled version boxes so no
external requires get in.

We would have to release the SRPM as well as the RPMS ...