[CentOS-devel] 3.6 Delay?

Mon Oct 31 21:00:40 UTC 2005
seth vidal <skvidal at phy.duke.edu>

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 12:03 -0800, C.M. Connelly wrote:
> What's the status of CentOS 3.6?  Red Hat released their update 6
> to RHEL 3 on September 28.  I updated our RHEL box a couple of
> weeks ago and things seem to be running acceptably well.
>
> The last thing I see in the archives is Johnny Hughes talking
> about mirror load from October 13 (and pointing out that the 4.2
> release was well within the two-week time limit promised in the
> CentOS FAQ; the 3.6 update has clearly missed that deadline).
>
> I;m not expecting anything earthshaking in 3.6, but I am curious
> about whether the delay is due to no one remembering to flip the
> symlink or something more serious.
>
> If you need more testing, let me know and I can update some of my
> lab machines manually and listen for complaints.
>
> In any case, your work is much appreciated, especially as it's
> allowed me to stick with a Red-Hat--based distro and not redo all
> the work I'd done to handle installs.

hi,
 I've not been doing any dev work on 3.6 but I've been following on irc.
Short version right now is that the admins/devs are busy dealing with
the mirror-servers/masters. There have been a series of problems making
sure the infrastructure is in place for them. Beyond that a couple of
issues with some of the package builds that have caused some hangups to
getting 3.6 out there.

-sv