[CentOS-devel] Yum Extender 0.99 (Development) for CentOS 4.2

Wed Feb 15 12:25:08 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 06:57 -0600, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> Tim has been very busy with this :)
>
> OK, there is now a new version of yumex available:
>
> yumex-0.99.7-1.0.c4.noarch.rpm
>
> it is in the testing repo:
>
> yum --enablerepo c4-testing update yumex
>
> The above command should get it for you if have the testing repo
> installed.
>
> If you don't have the testing repo file on your PC, you can put the file
> CentOS-Testing.repo in /etc/yum.repos.d/
>
> http://dev.centos.org/centos/4/CentOS-Testing.repo
>
> This version fixes several items, including:
>
> 1.  Groups now function properly.
> 2.  Items in the action queue are now marked in the Install, Remove and
> Update windows.
> 3.  YumEx now writes to the /var/log/yum.log when taking actions.
> 4.  Yum Plugins work with this version.

> If you are using any version of YumEx with CentOS, I recommend this
> version instead.
>
> Thank you very much Tim.

OK, here there is another version of yumex posted today with the
following bugfixes:

1.  Yumex now shows up in the Alt-Tab window when switching applications
2.  Older packages than are currently installed not shown in the install
window, since yumex won't install an older package.
3.  Fixed gui element glade translations so that non-English language is
displayed on buttons.

The new file is:
yumex-0.99.9-1.0.c4.noarch.rpm

it is in the testing repo:

yum --enablerepo c4-testing update yumex

The above command should get it for you if have the testing repo
installed.

If you don't have the testing repo file on your PC, you can put the file
CentOS-Testing.repo in /etc/yum.repos.d/

http://dev.centos.org/centos/4/CentOS-Testing.repo

Report all issues with yumex to our tracker:

http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=1210

Thanks to Tim again for the rapid responses to issues :)

--
Johnny Hughes
CentOS Developer