[CentOS-devel] New squid-2.5.STABLE11-3 packages available inCentos-Testing for i386 and x86_64

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 18:11:21 UTC 2006

On 1/12/06, Greg Swallow - SkyNet <gregswallow at skynetonline.ca> wrote:
> Jim Perrin wrote:
> > New squid packages for version 2.5.STABLE11-3 are available in the
> > CentOS-Testing repository for the i386 and x86_64 architectures.
>
> Do you know about the experimental RHEL4 squid packages here?:
> http://people.redhat.com/stransky/squid/#Experimental_packages

Yes, but it has some breakage that we're investigating on out network
currently. The packages I put out don't seem to have the issue. (No I
can't provide more detail. Yes eventually it will hit bugzilla) But I
don't like releasing or otherwise recommending things that don't work
for me. It's a personal choice and if people want the other stuff I'll
happily shut the hell up and put it in the repo instead. Current RHEL
squid had issues that we could not wait for the update We've been
using this a while, and I just got around to actually doing something
with it outside of work confines.

> I hope you mean features rather than fixes - anything that needs to be fixed

> should be reported to RedHat's bugzilla.  Have a look at all the bugs fixed

Yeah, I meant both actually. Their update does fix a fair ton of
stuff, but it does also provide some features we needed. Most of what
I put in there was yanked from the changelog of the rpm since I was in
a hurry this morning so the email was a bit scattered. Sorry.

--
Jim Perrin
System Architect - UIT