[CentOS-devel] This might be of interest to CentOS developers

Alexandru E. Ungur alexandru at globalterrasoft.ro
Tue Jan 17 12:35:34 UTC 2006

My fiance (who was recently converted to CentOS ;) from Slackware) found
something that intrigued us both. You may want to read this:

I quote:
The summary of the project is to create a distribution similar to CentOS Linux
which is nearly the same as Red Hat Linux - with the exception that Red Hat's
graphic images and name have been removed in areas to prevent legal issues. We
already have a distribution similar to CentOS with the appropriate graphic files
already developed. However, it is now old and needs to be updated.'"

"You should actually be able to use the CentOS Linux distribution as your
starting point to minimize work efforts."

 3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright
 law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased.
 (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are
 explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal

end of quote.

It seems stupid to duplicate something that already exists and works *very* well
(great distro you guys!)... unless I'm missing something. It just pisses me off
that somebody could take your work just like that and use it for **unfair**

BTW, you can talk to RAC people if the proposed projects are unfair/illegal which
I suspect it is the case here.

Have a nice day everyone,