[CentOS-devel] kernel-*-devel and yum updates for CentOS-4.x

Mon Oct 23 04:29:17 UTC 2006
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>

On Sun, Oct 22, 2006 at 10:01:05AM -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> 2. Modify the kernel-2.6.spec to do what FC >= 4 does.
[...]
> I think that 2 is a bad choice as it makes the CentOS kernel deviate
> from the upstream kernel.

But just the specfile, not the actual bits, right? And the specfile already
has some specfile modifications:

* Fri Oct 06 2006 Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> [2.6.9-42.0.3]

- added i586 support for CentOS
- changed the key to CentOS and not redhat

I'm not sure if this or the yum hack is better, but I tend towards doing it
in the kernel.

Perhaps Red Hat could be persuaded to do so in the next "u" update, as well.