[CentOS-devel] reposync for CentOS 4

Sat Apr 28 19:02:01 UTC 2007
jean-seb <jsh at interlug.net>

seth vidal a écrit :
> On Sat, 2007-04-28 at 22:39 +0400, jean-seb wrote:
>

> too much work to add features to a distro that's in
> maintenance/security-only mode.
>
> -sv

Maybe for Centos team :)

Because of my work, I'm in charge of Gralinux AS 3.
The goal of Centos is to stay "close" to RH: Centos 3 is a RHAS3 clone,
Centos4 is a RHAS4 clone;
that's not the case for Gralinux AS3 (postfix/mysql come from RHAS4,
php5 from RHWS)
That's why I "lose" my time to backport things like python24, php5 for
the old Gralinux; maybe this work could be
useful to Centos ?

RHAS3 (and Centos 3 of course) is a real good distribution, and very
stable :) , so backport software to it is not a bad idea I think.

Maybe a little "survey" of "what Centos are you using" could be a good
starting point to know if
Centos3 could have some backports?

Regards

js.