[CentOS-devel] reposync for CentOS 4

Sat Apr 28 22:41:27 UTC 2007

jean-seb wrote:
> python2.2 is in upstream. but some software need python24 (fail2ban,
> zope, recent versions of yum?

your original email indicates 2.x...

 >(<off topic>i hate yum ...</off topic>) )

feel free to not use it.. no one will mind.

>> sure, we have a centos-plus repo, have you considered contributing
>> to that ?
>>
> Not yet (because of lack of time :)

So you are then in the same situation as Seth, when he pointed out in a
way that he didnt have the time to really get into this. I dont think
there is such a thing as shortage of time - there are 24 hrs in a day,
and thats pretty much every day of every year really. When people say
that they 'lack time' I presume it means that their priorities are
elsewhere and they would rather be working on something else.

> small .. very small??

yes indeed, wont make 2 digits in percentage points

> I need to maintain gralinux AS 3 for 2 years, so i will backport stuff
> from RHAS3 / 5 on it.

CentOS-3 is going to be here for longer than 2 years from now ...

- KB