[CentOS-devel] BackupPC

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 13:40:54 UTC 2007

Jordi Espasa Clofent wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I've read with interest the next references:
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2006-April/002216.html
> http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=1299
> Currently I'm using the package without problems.
> In fact, I installed it from source before and I used the perl modules
> provided by Dries' and Dag's repo in first time.
> At present moment I've removed the mentioned packages and I've used only
> the c4-testing repo. All the installation and dependencies resolving
> processes has worked great. Good work Johnny ;)
> ¿Are there some intentions to move BackupPC from testing-repo to
> extras-repo?
> I think it is an interesting package, especially in hybrid environment
> (Win+Linux, ie.)

The current version is 3.0.0 and would be considerably easier for a new
user. In a new install it puts all the config files under /etc/BackuPC
including the per-pc configs and it provides a web based editor for the
configurations. Another improvement is that it no longer blocks backups
during the nightly cleanup run.  It may also require some updated perl

   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com