[CentOS-devel] BackupPC

Wed Feb 14 13:40:54 UTC 2007
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Jordi Espasa Clofent wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've read with interest the next references:
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2006-April/002216.html
> http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=1299
>
> Currently I'm using the package without problems.
> In fact, I installed it from source before and I used the perl modules
> provided by Dries' and Dag's repo in first time.
> At present moment I've removed the mentioned packages and I've used only
> the c4-testing repo. All the installation and dependencies resolving
> processes has worked great. Good work Johnny ;)
>
> ¿Are there some intentions to move BackupPC from testing-repo to
> extras-repo?
>
> I think it is an interesting package, especially in hybrid environment
> (Win+Linux, ie.)

The current version is 3.0.0 and would be considerably easier for a new
user. In a new install it puts all the config files under /etc/BackuPC
including the per-pc configs and it provides a web based editor for the
configurations. Another improvement is that it no longer blocks backups
during the nightly cleanup run.  It may also require some updated perl
modules.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com