bugs.centos.org (was RE: [CentOS-devel] Re: kernel-2.6.9-42.37.EL.c4test is available for i686 and x86_64 in the Testing Repo)

Fri Jan 5 18:59:54 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 11:50 -0700, Greg Swallow wrote:
> Karanbir Singh wrote:
> > Another issue I want to point out here is that please report all
> issues
> > with these testing kernels upstream at http://bugzilla.redhat.com/
> >
> > And if you have any issues - please do report them, or pass them on
> here
> > so we can verify and report upstream.
>
> For the benefit of everyone, can you please clarify what bugs.centos.org
> is for?  I see lots of open kernel/hardware bugs reported there and
> other things that should either be closed "wontfix" and/or reported
> upstream.
>
> Would you like to have volunteers to step up and help manage the bug
> tracker? (ie, more clearly define what the centos bug tracker is for,
> and give some more people the ability to close bugs)
>
> Greg

Well ... it is a bug tracker, however we don't have paid support :P

It is really a tool for people to say, hey I have that problem to, and
for other users to help.

CentOS requires the community to help each other, so we expect other
users to help by commenting on bugs and helping users to fix problems.

The Developers do work on bugs and close them as we can ... though there
are bugs that can be closed, etc.

Certainly there is a need for some "Trusted people" to manage CentOS
Bugs ... and we would consider giving access to certain people to make
that happen.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes