[CentOS-devel] yum-repolist

Daniel de Kok

daniel at centos.org
Thu Jun 7 20:27:08 UTC 2007

Hi all,

We have added an updated yum-utils to the CentOS testing repository for
CentOS 5. This package now provides the yum-repolist plugin/subpackage,
which implements comparable functionality to the same command in yum
3.2. Additionally, it also shows the priority or protection status of a
repository when the yum-priorities or yum-protectbase plugin are
installed respectively. A sample run:

---
$ yum repolist

repo id      repo name                           status         priority
=======      =========                           ======         ========
base         CentOS-5 - Base                     enabled        1
updates      CentOS-5 - Updates                  enabled        1
extras       CentOS-5 - Extras                   enabled        1
rpmforge     Red Hat Enterprise 5 - RPMforge.net enabled        99
danieldk     Daniel's testing packages           enabled        99
c5-media     CentOS-5 - Media                    disabled       99
contrib      CentOS-5 - Contrib                  disabled       99
centosplus   CentOS-5 - Plus                     disabled       99
addons       CentOS-5 - Addons                   enabled        99
---

Please test this plugin, and provide feedback. We are interested whether
it works well with protectbase, priorities, or none of both.

Information on using the CentOS Testing repository can be found on the
CentOS Wiki at:

http://wiki.centos.org/Repositories

-- Daniel