[CentOS-devel] yum-repolist

Akemi Yagi

amyagi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 06:24:51 UTC 2007

Hi Daniel,

On 6/7/07, Daniel de Kok <daniel at centos.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have added an updated yum-utils to the CentOS testing repository for
> CentOS 5. This package now provides the yum-repolist plugin/subpackage,
> which implements comparable functionality to the same command in yum
> 3.2. Additionally, it also shows the priority or protection status of a
> repository when the yum-priorities or yum-protectbase plugin are
> installed respectively. A sample run:
>(snip)
>
> Please test this plugin, and provide feedback. We are interested whether
> it works well with protectbase, priorities, or none of both.

Took me a while to realize that I needed to run 'yum install
yum-repolist' to get the plugin.  Thought updating yum-utils would
include this plugin.

Worked nicely on a C5 x86_64 system.  When 'priorities' was off,
'protectbase' was shown as True/False. When both were on, 'priorities'
was displayed.

> Information on using the CentOS Testing repository can be found on the
> CentOS Wiki at:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/Repositories

Will be nice if this page is updated to include CentOS 5.

Thanks for the work,

Akemi