[CentOS-devel] CentOS 5 build scripts

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri May 18 23:26:32 UTC 2007

Les Mikesell wrote:
> version.  Then instead of a million specialty distributions, you just
> need repositories where all the parts are available.

the anaconda docs, basic as they are, are trivial - and the process to
recreate the distro tree ( which is not what the question originally
was, the op only seems to want to know howto redo the isos ) - is very
simple, you need to make 1 call to buildinstall - and that will give you
the command line you need to run with.

Les, I think your email was based more on what you dont know about the
installer now, than anything else.

And yes, its possible _now_ to have repositories enabled at installtime,
so you only really need a very small footprint of a distro really,
everything else can come in install-time from various places, including
the distro media itself hosting multiple repo's is trivial.

- KB