[CentOS-devel] HTTP installation method and RELEASE-NOTES file

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at bludgeon.org
Thu Nov 29 16:54:36 UTC 2007

Hi all; ran this question by the anaconda list, and perhaps this is a
CentOS specific issue.  In any case, maybe someone here can clarify...

I notice if I boot CentOS 5 with the askmethod param and choose HTTP
and point to my CentOS directory which is just a copy of all the files
from the CD's, it errors out, and I am forced to revert to the CD

The error I see on the console and in my webserver logs indicate that
anaconda is trying to look for the following files:

Where the only files on the CD's are RELEASE-NOTES-en.html and

The anaconda folks seem to think that CentOS should be using the full
en_US variant:

I don't see a mantis bug on this issue -- has anyone else run into it?
Am I just doing something dumb here?