[CentOS-devel] Re: HTTP installation method and RELEASE-NOTES file

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Nov 29 17:23:57 UTC 2007

on 11/29/2007 8:54 AM Ray Van Dolson spake the following:
> Hi all; ran this question by the anaconda list, and perhaps this is a
> CentOS specific issue.  In any case, maybe someone here can clarify...
> I notice if I boot CentOS 5 with the askmethod param and choose HTTP
> and point to my CentOS directory which is just a copy of all the files
> from the CD's, it errors out, and I am forced to revert to the CD
> method.
> The error I see on the console and in my webserver logs indicate that
> anaconda is trying to look for the following files:
>   RELEASE-NOTES-en_US.UTF-8.html
>   RELEASE-NOTES-en_US.html
> Where the only files on the CD's are RELEASE-NOTES-en.html and
> The anaconda folks seem to think that CentOS should be using the full
> en_US variant:
>   https://www.redhat.com/archives/anaconda-devel-list/2007-November/msg00130.html
> I don't see a mantis bug on this issue -- has anyone else run into it?
> Am I just doing something dumb here?
> Ray
I just did an HTTP install last week with CentOS 5 x86_64 from a loop-mounted
dvd and it worked fine. Could your copying have changed something?

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!