[CentOS-devel] Re: src.rpm missing

Farkas Levente lfarkas at bppiac.hu
Mon Oct 8 19:54:26 UTC 2007

Kevan Benson wrote:
> Farkas Levente wrote:
>> Karanbir Singh wrote:
>>> can you be a bit more specific ? which src for what bin rpm is missing ?
>> kmod-xfs, kmod-drbd, .. actually there are dozens of kmod rpms and even
>> 10% of them has src.rpms.

sorry i forget to mention it's about centos-5 not 4.

> Part of what you are seeing is because the source RPM doesn't
> necessarily have to match the same naming format as the produced
> package.  Viewing the headers of the kmod-drbd RPM shows this as the
> source RPM: drbd-kmod-0.7.24-, which does exist.

rpm -qpi kmod-drbd-8.0.4-|grep -i source
Group: System Environment/Kernel Source RPM:
but there is such file es the above.

> The XFS RPM lists it's source RPM as
> kernel-module-xfs-2.6.9-55.EL-0.2-1.src.rpm though, and I can't find
> that in the SRPMS sub-directory of extras, so it looks like that one is
> missing.

rpm -qpi kmod-xfs-0.4-|grep -i source
Group: System Environment/Kernel     Source RPM:
but this file also missing

> Actually, I just checked centosplus, and it's included in the source
> directory of that (probably since it's built for the plus repo kernels
> as well).  So you'll probably find all the source RPMS you are looking
> for under different names in either the extras or centosplus SRPMS
> directories.

it'd be better to include src.rpms in both extras and centosplus and if
you hardlink these files do don't loose any disk space.