[CentOS-devel] Release farkage potential

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 23:54:39 UTC 2007

On 9/5/07, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> Does anyone have a clue as to what upstream are likely to be doing w.r.t the
> sub-release in a release situation ? As in, will there be a 5.0.1 and 5.1.0  ?

As far as I understand it.. yes there will be a 5.0.1 and a 5.1.0.

The 5.0.1 release should only be security errata and will be built
against the 5.0.0 glibc and libraries.

The 5.1.0 release will be product upgrades and security errata. New
security errata for the 5.1.x tree will be built against the 5.1.0
updated glibc/kernel/etc. The API's shouldnt change but I am guessing
there might be some ABI issues.