[CentOS-devel] Release farkage potential

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Sep 6 00:07:39 UTC 2007

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> As far as I understand it.. yes there will be a 5.0.1 and a 5.1.0.

not clear if you meant that there are going to be 5.0.1 iso's as well ?

> The 5.0.1 release should only be security errata and will be built
> against the 5.0.0 glibc and libraries.

Thats going to be quite interesting, since it might imply a completely new
release. Lets see how it all pans out - if there are any real plans or redhat
endorsed docs that someone can point us at, that would be great.

btw, does someone want to have a go at drafting up a policy we could use on the
mirror.centos.org network and on external mirrors so as to minimise drivespace
usage and still be able to offer the same user experience as upstream ? I know
that between Johnny, Lance and I we did do some prep work for this - and a lot
of options exist. But it would be good to get some fresh ideas on board and see
if we can work something out that works for most people.