[CentOS-devel] possibility of an extra-hardware-support SIG

Thu Sep 6 13:46:01 UTC 2007

Phil Schaffner wrote:
>> It's basically aimed at letting individual developers start projects
>> that they feel would benefit centos do so basically on their own terms
>> and let those projects be run using sourceforge resources until
>> they're sufficiently mature enough to be integrated into the mainsteam

One of the things on the table at the moment is just this sort of an incubation
setup for projects and developers who want to get projects like this started
within the CentOS framework. Manpower and time shortages are the only thing
keeping it from really kicking off full steam, but its in the planning stages
and has been for a while.

Whether we do this sort of a thing in tandem with sf.net ( really nice guys ) or
do it totally within centos.org is something that we need to look at I suppose.

> Please avoid top-posting.  If I am correctly interpreting the context of
> your reply, it is reconstructed above.

What! me topposting ? nevar! not with the rep I have to defend anyway :)