[CentOS-devel] yum metadata for the c5-testing repository now has sqlite db as well

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 00:05:19 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As the subject line of this email says, the CentOS-5-Testing repository now
> also has the sqlite databases along with the usual xml files. This should
> result in faster end to end yum operations.
>
> Depending on how this goes, we will then start adding the sqlite db's to
>  the CentOS-5 repos on mirror.centos.org as well.
>
> As always, feedback is required. Either here in this mailing list or on
> http://bugs.centos.org/

OK, just a few things I noticed.

(1) yum-changelog cannot be installed:

Error: Missing Dependency: python-dateutil is needed by package
yum-changelog-1.1.14-0_beta_15_2.el5.centos.noarch (c5-testing)

(2) the skip-broken plugin causes an error:

optparse.OptionConflictError: option --skip-broken: conflicting option
string(s): --skip-broken

FIX: disable skip-broken

(3) On an x86_64 system with *no* i386 packages installed, the issue reported in

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2008-June/002961.html

did not occur (issue = 'yum install httpd-devel' installs both x86_64
and i386 rpm's).  Only the x86_64 rpm was installed.

(4) However, 'yum install firefox' installs both arches unless
'.x86_86' is specified (on a clean x86_64 only system).

That's all for now.

Akemi