[CentOS-devel] yum metadata for the c5-testing repository now has sqlite db as well

Sat Aug 16 21:50:20 UTC 2008
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 5:05 PM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
>
> (3) On an x86_64 system with *no* i386 packages installed, the issue reported in
>
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2008-June/002961.html
>
> did not occur (issue = 'yum install httpd-devel' installs both x86_64
> and i386 rpm's).  Only the x86_64 rpm was installed.
>
> (4) However, 'yum install firefox' installs both arches unless
> '.x86_86' is specified (on a clean x86_64 only system).

To add a bit more observation in this area...

When doing a 'yum groupinstall "foo bar", some of the groups do pull
i386 packages.  Again, this is on a pure x86_64 system.

I will stop this type of test unless there is something else I need to
try out.  At lease there was some improvement with the current version
of yum.

Akemi