[CentOS-devel] Bad checksums in repodata

Thu Jul 31 17:33:32 UTC 2008
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 at 10:32pm, Johnny Hughes wrote
>
>> Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
>>> It seems like there are some bad checksums in the updates repodata
>>> for the x86_64 5.2 tree (the onlyone I've checked).  Trying to update
>>> a freshly installed (and fairly minimal, so I don't know exactly how
>>> many packages are affected) system I get:
> *snip*
>>
>> This issue should have been cleared up long ago
>>
>> where are you syncing your info from
>
> I had tried both rsync://ftp.linux.ncsu.edu/CentOS/5.2/updates and
> rsync://mirror.linux.duke.edu/pub/centos/5/updates, with the same
> result. Both had all the latest package updates (e.g. nss_ldap) but also
> the bad checksums.  I just checked
> http://mirror.stanford.edu/yum/pub/centos/5/updates and it was wrong as
> well.

I have pushed all those with new dates today ... the issue is that the
date and size is the same, so it does not check the md5 checksum.

The change in time SHOULD make it push all files out to all the mirrors.

It may take several hours for the mirrors to get updated