[CentOS-devel] Re: Volunteering for CentOS

Jordan Evans jordanevans19 at gmail.com
Tue May 27 22:58:11 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 1:32 AM, Tim Verhoeven <tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com>

> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 12:44 AM, Jordan Evans <jordanevans19 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >>    I recently saw a blog that gave me the idea to volunteer for CentOS
> >> http://misterd77.blogspot.com/2008/05/centos-52.html
> >>   and I was wondering if the CentOS community had any work that I could
> >> help with. I could help with testing and recompiling
> >>   the packages, but I'm open to any suggestions and if you have any work
> >> you need help with thats within my abilities, I
> >> --
> >> Ubuntu, an African word meaning Slackware is too hard for me
> >
> > Sorry, I pressed send too soon, I meant to say I will be glad to try my
> best
> > to help you
> Hi Jordan,
> Thanks for volunteering. As a first step I would say that you keep
> following this list so you get a idea what is happing inside the
> CentOS project. Secondly have a look at the CentOS wiki
> (http://wiki.centos.org). It contains a list of project (or possible
> projects) and a ToDo section.
> I don't know your interests but have a look around and let us know
> what you think.
> Regards,
> Tim
> --
> Tim Verhoeven - tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com - 0479 / 88 11 83
> Hoping the problem magically goes away by ignoring it is the
> "microsoft approach to programming" and should never be allowed.
> (Linus Torvalds)

Hi Tim,

    I took a look at the various projects and the ToDo list, the project
that interested me Pandora, although I would have to brush up on my python
;). It seems there is not much information on it though. Another project
that interested me was Cranberry but there is also very little information
on it.

                                               Best wishes,

Ubuntu, an African word meaning Slackware is too hard for me