[CentOS-devel] CentOS mailing list for job offers

John Summerfield

debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Mon May 5 23:21:14 UTC 2008

Jon Peatfield wrote:

> Not that we seem to generally specify what exact Linux distros people
> should be familiar with (we hope for applicants who can learn and apply
> their knowledge to anything), but if we did we wouldn't want people to
> accidentally think that we are located near Boston MA.
>
>  -- Jon
>
> [ would anyone be interested in a junior position in our HEP group? ]

HEP?

It's not obvious to me that, should I be looking for someone to work on
my CentOS project that I should restrict myself to people who are
already involved in CentOS. Generally, I would think, people experienced
in RHEL or SL would serve as well, and those familiar with other distros
(Debian, SUSE) might bring fresh ideas.

I like the Shuttles technique - go on a holiday. Take archives of
mailing lists. Evaluate peoples' skills, attitudes (eg how they deal
with others)and ethics. Then, issue invitations.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait