[CentOS-devel] CentOS 5.2 todo list

Fri May 23 13:21:22 UTC 2008
Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de>

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>> As last time, I don't really see any content in the slides which needs
>> to be changed, as we've held those rather generic.
>
> I need the final images on the 28th if they are going to make it into
> anaconda this time.

I'm just going through an install and really do not see any need for
changes. And 28th is a tad, ermm, short, especially with the rate Gideon
can be gotten a hold of ...

>> Add {0,1,2}.centos.pool.ntp.org to the network time protocol
>> configuration and to the standard ntp.conf file - this still reads
>> {0,1,2}.rhel.pool.ntp.org at the moment, we have our own pool name since
>> a few weeks ago.
>
> ok, I can do that now.

As far as I can see the only change needed is in ntp.conf from the ntp
package.

If I understand it correctly, then
/usr/share/system-config-date/dateBackend.py reads /etc/ntp.conf on
startup and processes "server" lines in there to offer you a choice of
ntp servers.

If we really want to make sure, we could also modify
/usr/share/system-config-date/ntp.template - but that would be doing
more than upstream does, as that only contains

server 0.pool.ntp.org

lines.

Cheers,

Ralph