[CentOS-devel] CentOS 5 ServerCD ?

Fri Nov 7 00:45:41 UTC 2008

Akemi Yagi wrote:
> Basically by copying stuff.  Here's an excerpt:
>
> # livecd-install -swap=/dev/hdb1 -mbr=/dev/hda /dev/hdb2

not pretty.... I have mixed feelings about this sort of a thing. For
situations like the eeepc build, where there are 4 variants with minor
differences between them, its easy and functional ( using this sort of a
copy + fit script ).

But for use on a more generic media that might get used on $random+1
machines, I dont think this is a good solution at all. One could
potentially start writing a UI around this script;  that asks the basic
questions and passes them in, but then at what stage do you stop ? since
thats essentially what an installer would do in the first place.

<blink>Given enough motivation, one can actually start anaconda from a
running machine.... </blink>