[CentOS-devel] Re: CentOS Directory Server (CDS) and more is available for testing

Fri Oct 17 18:19:08 UTC 2008
Jan-Frode Myklebust <janfrode at tanso.net>

On 2008-10-17, Tim Verhoeven <tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> So: Opinions on hacking that into the RPMs/setup script?

I would expect it to follow upstream.

Actually the upstream documentation strongly recommends one use
"nobody". Sounds like a bad idea to me (and I use "dirsrv"),
but that's the *strong* recommendation in the installation guide:

    "1.2.2. Directory Server User and Group

    The setup process sets a user ID (UID) and group ID (GID) as
    which the servers will run. The default UID is a non-privileged
    (non-root) user, nobody on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Solaris
    and daemon on HP-UX. Red Hat strongly recommends using this
    default value."

  -jf