[CentOS-devel] forums + portal for {lang}.centos.org sites

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Thu Sep 25 09:40:57 UTC 2008

Karanbir Singh wrote:

> So we need to look at alternatives, and since the primary focus of these
> international sites is going be forums : Here is a shortlist ( if there
> is anything else that people are aware of, please add to this list )
> - phpBB
> - SMF
> - Fudforum
> - phorum
> - fluxbb

Would someone take a quick look at the SMF license to see if it meets
the project's minimum requirements or not:

http://www.simplemachines.org/about/license.php

At least then we can either tick a box or eliminate one possibility
taking a little step closer to a solution :)

> Requirements:
<snip>
> - Must address the specific requirements raised by the present
> www.centos.org forum users ( Can you please fill this section in ? )

This is a task I can do. Where/how would you like the information?

Once we have a slightly shorter shortlist, I'm happy to go off and test
some existing forum sites (using said shortlist) for end-user usability
in this regard too.