[CentOS-devel] forums + portal for {lang}.centos.org sites

Jerry Amundson jamundso at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 02:58:29 UTC 2008

On 9/25/08, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> Marcus Moeller wrote:
>> I can still suggest Joomla/Fireboard which is customizable and scales
>> well. Joomla is also LDAP capable and offers some nice features like
>> FAQs, News Headings and so on. Fireboard currently works in
>> compatibility mode on Joomla 1.5 but should do it's job either. I am
>> personally well known with Joomla Templates.
>
> Go ahead and add that to the list, if you like. My only issue with
> joomla is the sheer number of security issues that come up with it are
> quite disturbing.

But with a large community, and strong core developers, the number of
issues decreases over time, and are at a point now of 0 security
issues. Suffice to say that the past has lead key teams within Joomla
to circle the wagons. The current releases are solid - I use 1.5.x for
personal sites, and 1.0.x at $dayjob.

jerry

--
There's plenty of youth in America - it's time we find the "fountain of smart".