[CentOS-devel] 5.3´s anaconda src.rpm missing

Brandon Davidson brandond at uoregon.edu
Wed Apr 8 21:56:21 UTC 2009

R P Herrold wrote:
> I would be thrilled to have a simultaneous coordinated
> release, but the 'leak' of 'patched' torrent instances, and at
> least two mirrors opening the full ISO set before the
> coordinated bit flip date and time, leave rather a bad outlook
> to me as to the ability to make things better through such an
> 'inverted as to demand' approach
>
> My $0.02 .... I'd love to be shown a path to avoid the
> problems on the 5.3 roll-out

Would it help any to keep a file in the tree that is *supposed* to be
inaccessible to end-users via HTTP/FTP/Rsync? The mirrormon scripts (or some
other regular check) could test to see if the file was accessible, and if so,
warn the admin, and perhaps take the host out of rotation.

This might help catch issues like those that allowed files to leak out pre-bitflip.

-Brandon