[CentOS-devel] �g

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Wed Apr 8 23:14:28 UTC 2009

On Apr 8, 2009, at 7:10 PM, Scott Silva wrote:

> The first sync could be iso's with a strategic part cut off. A later
> rsync
> could fill this in fairly quickly. Release rpms next for sync. After
> mirrors
> are near on line create or at least restore metadata files to sync.
> If torrent
> files are released, make sure they are created against the full
> ISO's before
> chopping off a chunk. That way they will sit at near completion
> until the
> ISO's are actually complete. Peers will have most of the ISO, but it
> will be
> unusable until finished, and they can just wait also.

Spreading deliberately damaged iso's won't stop the torrents and
is a wonderful way to earn a bad reputation.

Otherwise would work just fine, strategically damaged
distribution media was even considered @redhat.com before
someone realized the flaw.

> I actually waited until I saw the release announcement before I
> started a
> torrent download, and have only yum updated a test server. I am not
> in a real
> big hurry, as I already have plenty to do.
>
> "The floggings will continue until morale improves"  ;-P

I'm in favor of the torquemada! Nothing like a dim
dark place to reflect upon insanity.

73 de Jeff