[CentOS-devel] Building an automated rpm build system

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jul 4 11:30:45 UTC 2009

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009, carlopmart wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>  I need to setup a centos 5 x86_64 server to build custom rpms for
> centos5, rhel5 and oel5.
>
>  My requeriments are:
>
>  - Build rpms only from src.rpm packages and .spec files.
>  - Restrict architectures: I only need to build these packages for i386
> and x86_64 hosts.
>  - See logs when packages are builded.
>  - Easy to install and lightweight, if it is possible.
>
>  I have seen mock and koji. Mock it seems ver older but can I use to
> accomplish these? And koji it seems very complex.
>
>  Any ideas?? Exists another build system??

mock is used by koji to do the actual builds. koji is the scheduling and
organization around mock. If you're not doing thousands of builds a day
and your builds are not being done by hundreds of people at a time, mock
works just fine by itself.

Don't use plague, it is no longer maintained, at all.

-sv