[CentOS-devel] Building an automated rpm build system

carlopmart carlopmart at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 12:08:05 UTC 2009

Seth Vidal wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Jul 2009, carlopmart wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>  I need to setup a centos 5 x86_64 server to build custom rpms for
>> centos5, rhel5 and oel5.
>>  My requeriments are:
>>  - Build rpms only from src.rpm packages and .spec files.
>>  - Restrict architectures: I only need to build these packages for i386
>> and x86_64 hosts.
>>  - See logs when packages are builded.
>>  - Easy to install and lightweight, if it is possible.
>>  I have seen mock and koji. Mock it seems ver older but can I use to
>> accomplish these? And koji it seems very complex.
>>  Any ideas?? Exists another build system??
> mock is used by koji to do the actual builds. koji is the scheduling and
> organization around mock. If you're not doing thousands of builds a day
> and your builds are not being done by hundreds of people at a time, mock
> works just fine by itself.
> Don't use plague, it is no longer maintained, at all.
> -sv

Afer some reading in fedoraproject and your suggestions, I decided to
use mock. But one more question: can I use a pure x86_64 host to build
packages for i386 and x86_64 architectures with mock ( I don't have any
i386 package installed on this system)?? Somebody can show me some .cfg

CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com