[CentOS-devel] yum-3.2.8-9 CentOS 4 backport - Call for QA

David Hrbáč hrbac.conf at seznam.cz
Wed Mar 4 09:09:44 UTC 2009

James Antill napsal(a):
> 1. Props. for trying this :)
>
> 2. Just commenting out @catchSqliteException is obviously fine for a
> first attempt, but needs a better fix before you give it to random
> people IMO.

James,
this is really first attempt. I was too surprised, I had to publish for
others to test. I have to find better solution for sqlite exceptions
handling then comment it out, it's clear. But for the first attempt it's
enough. Do not forget, that @catchSqliteException is upstream backport
to 3.8.2 from newer version.

> 3. This is a lot smaller than I expected, even for a beta, although
> there are some more things in the latest 3.2.x series that would need to
> change ... this certainly implies that it might not be as hard as we'd
> assumed to get the latest onto RHEL-4.

This is TOO small :o), surprisingly small. Still remains dbus, sqllie
exceptions.

> 4. Did you run "make check", or just use it until you hit a failure? --
> just wondering how much extra stuff might be lurking.

I had to build python-nose for C4 and event that it ain't enough. Some
tests are meant for python > 2.3.
DH