[CentOS-devel] CentOS 5.3... would extra servers and/or SysAdmins help?

Luke S Crawford lsc at prgmr.com
Sun Mar 8 01:01:06 UTC 2009

Hey, so I'd like to see CentOS 5.3, and I understand that everyone here
is busy (and giving me the fruits of their labor for free-  Thank you!
I am not trying to complain about that.  CentOS is something that I have
personally extracted quite a lot of value from.)

What I have is a whole lot of CentOS/Xen Virtual private servers
(and I will shortly have some real hardware up, too.)  and a pretty
good SysAdmin who can handle any setup and/or custom sysadmin needs.

At this moment, I can give temporary CentOS images on my test server
(It's a dual 1.9Ghz quad-core opteron with 32GB ram)  I would assume
test/build images would have 2gb to 4gb ram each.   You can run the
cpu and disk as much as you want, but I'm trying to keep my 95th percentile
on that box below 10Mbps.  (so it's great for testing, not so much for
mirroring.  My new location, that I'm moving into on the 21st, has
cheaper bandwidth, so it won't be as much of a concern.)

Would this be useful?