[CentOS-devel] [CentOS-qa] 5.4 - i386 isos and tree

Patrice Guay

patrice.guay at nanotechnologies.qc.ca
Tue Oct 13 17:31:46 UTC 2009

Phil Schaffner wrote:
> What help do you need on
> getting persistence working, or on LiveCD development in general?

For the persistence feature, I am looking for a set of patches that
apply for the current livecd-tools package. I am currently comparing
livecd-tools 015 and 014. Since the persistence feature was added in the
015 version, I will try to extract the required patches from the
differences between both versions. Any help on this front would be
appreciated.

> Is there interest in a LiveDVD with more functionality than will fit on
> a CD?  Perhaps "full desktop/office/productivity/multimedia" GNOME
> and/or KDE versions?

If you have a kickstart file ready with such functionalities, publishing
it on the LiveCD trac website would be the first step. Adding a
documentation page explaining how to build such a LiveCD and what are
its benefits would come next.

> Should the LiveCD tools be in a centos.org repo?

I definitely think so. The tools are currently hosted on my own website.
It works but putting these packages on an official CentOS repository
would be better.

--
Patrice