[CentOS-devel] [CentOS-qa] 5.4 - i386 isos and tree

Douglas McClendon

dmc.centos at filteredperception.org
Tue Oct 13 17:40:05 UTC 2009

Patrice Guay wrote:
> Phil Schaffner wrote:
>> What help do you need on
>> getting persistence working, or on LiveCD development in general?
>>
> For the persistence feature, I am looking for a set of patches that
> apply for the current livecd-tools package. I am currently comparing
> livecd-tools 015 and 014. Since the persistence feature was added in the
> 015 version, I will try to extract the required patches from the
> differences between both versions. Any help on this front would be
> appreciated.

I'm here, and the author of the relevant feature.  Though I won't be
online much in the next 24 hours, but after that I'm sure I can get you
going.

Also, if I could convince you to squeeze in another ~100kb package into
the LiveCD, it would allow an experimental 'rebootless installation' in
addition to the traditional and stable rebootful kind provided by anaconda.

http://viros.org/rebootless

It's gotten quite a bit of early bug shakeout in the fedora-12 derived
SugarOnAStick development builds.

>> Is there interest in a LiveDVD with more functionality than will fit on
>> a CD?  Perhaps "full desktop/office/productivity/multimedia" GNOME
>> and/or KDE versions?

+1

Cheers,

-dmc