[CentOS-devel] [CentOS-qa] 5.4 - i386 isos and tree

Tue Oct 27 20:26:35 UTC 2009
Douglas McClendon <dmc.centos at filteredperception.org>

Douglas McClendon wrote:
> Patrice Guay wrote:
>> Douglas McClendon wrote:

> Ok.  I'll take a look at the livecd-tools here-
>
> https://projects.centos.org/trac/livecd/wiki/GetToolset
>
> and at the fedora 14->15 diff, and see if I can't put something together
> for you.

The bleeding edge first pass bits are here-

http://filteredperception.org/downloads/overlay/20091027/livecd-tools-014-6dmc.src.rpm

I've successfully tested something that either is equivalent to that
build, or very very close.  But I'll put out a really tested srpm in a
couple more days, which hopefully will also have the useful
separate-filesystem persistenthome feature, as well as the global
persistence incorporated here.

Then if I get really ambitious I may also aim for a version of
liveusb-creator that supports setting up persistence and/or
zyx-liveinstaller even on the existing 5.4 iso.  (and a couple other
things...)

Note that in the srpm above I really didn't have to much other than
cherrypicking git patches from livecd-tools and mkinitrd.  For the
latter I just tweaked the spec patch lines to apply the mkinitrd patches
  which are all against the file mkliveinitrd to mayflower.
mkliveinitrd is just mayflower in another place, it wasn't until the
dracut switchover that things really got rewritten.

-dmc