[CentOS-devel] Fasttrack for C-5

Fri Dec 3 14:11:17 UTC 2010

On 12/03/2010 12:44 PM, David Hrbáč wrote:
>> We are going to start building the updateinfo metadata around this repo
>> and should have something usable by early next week.
> What's the status of updateinfo.xml being provided for C5 (now for C6 too).

I was fairly confident we could extract and build this from the
changelog's of released packages, but thats not going to happen since
they are not very consistend and dont even go back to the earlier
releases. eg in 5.[0123] quite a few pkgs dont carry this metadata at all.

So, short of someone finding a way to get this info; sitting down and
typing it all up, it looks hard to get going.

With C6 however, all pkgs so far seem to have this metadata in the
changelog's. So its looking a lot better.

- KB